On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  * If you have a spare USB wireless thing, please bring it.

I'll bring a spare pocket WAP router that I think can be set to serve
as a client to bridge from a hub to a wifi network.  That may provide
flexibility over the long cables (if it works).

>  *) Hackathon repository?
>
>  Well-established projects have their own repos, but it's always handy to have
>  a repository for any new projects started at the hackathon and for everyone
>  already have access.
>
>  * Do we have one?  Andy, can we use hex-ten?
>  * A checkin notify list should also be ready.

Whether it's hex-ten or something else, we'll need to make sure we all
have access.  I don't know that I ever got a commit bit for hex-ten.
(At least, ohloh.net doesn't show me as a committer)

I'm curious to try git, if anyone is up for teaching it.  The idea
that I can just publish my efforts to my own server and let people
pull whatever they want is appealing in its support for an emergent
project like a hackathon.  (Plus, the ability to fall back to swapping
around a usb drive seems handy.)

Not trying to cause repo-wars, but I think I'll need to use git
actively for something before I really start to grok it.

>  *) Whiteboards, markers & erasers.
>
>  Lots of whiteboards for taking notes.  At least one whiteboard just for
>  projects being worked on, the "grid" at BarCamps is an example.

Or, flip-chart sized post-it notes, since they can persist.  E.g.
http://tinyurl.com/2wbvkv

Regards,
David