In Oslo I proposed to organize a hackathon the week after YAPC::EU.

Subject:
        -QA

        - tool: IDE, editors, _debugger_, CPAN::Mini::xxx
            (I believe most toolchain ppl are on the QA list)

        - your_idea_here

I'd like to make it possible to have this one "on a shoestring" for those who
have better ways to spend their money (like better hardware). What costs is
transport, hotel and food. If things are as I plan:

Transport:
- the crossing to Sweden (train) is 30 Euros return, transport to Simrishamn
is another 20 euros return (bus)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simrishamn

Hotel:
- I have some room in my summer house. 10-15 uncomplicated people can live
there for a few days (There are two toilets and one shower).

- for the rich and fortunate, hotel rooms are available 300m from the house
but Simrishamn is crowded with tourist in that season so early booking is
good.

-a camping 2 KM away but we can put tents in the garden or better yet rent a
big tent (6 * 4)

Food:
- restaurants costs 10-15 euros for lunch and much more evening time. pizzas
etc .. are available during evening for around 10 euros.

- cooking is the one thing I'm not too bad at. I'll cook if I get help. That
will keep food cost low. Vegetarians will have to teach me (we could all eat
vegetarian once just "to share") (there's a dishwasher so don't be
frightened). If no cooking is involved, I can at least make pancakes.

- since this is a private place, There are no "working hours"; hacking can go
round the clock and is expected to.

Other:
- there will be a projector
- no internet (right now) but I'll fix a gsm-modem that would limit the
bandwidth but still usable (up to  200 KB/s) and everyone is carying a
CPAN::Mini right?
- web site, etc: a volontary please
- what else do we need?

Getting some money for the hackathon:
-Sponsering is wished for. I'd like you to help me with this.
The money could be used to pay transportation, buy beds and rent the mega tent
or other activities.

Dates:
        Saturday: Transportation from Danemark and free time in Sweden. I can
find
room for 4/5 persons in Lund (possibly more). It will be possible to
directely got to simrishamn too (1 1/2 hour bus) where accomodation is
possible.

        Sunday: transportation to Simrishamn, installation, start hacking
        Monday-Wednesday-Longer?: more hacking

        Weather permitting, a hacking session outdoors with ocean breeze in our
faces.

        It would be great if someone could give a presentation every evening

Rapid feedback please, Nadim.