Hi!

For a particular maybe unorthodox test rpoject I want to create test
suites that can inherit from other test suites, so that I can provide
base suites, and on top of that more specific suites, adding or
changing particular tests.

(So I'm not talking about a suite *for* a distribution but the
distribution *is* the suite.)

The nearest thing I found was Test::Class. But I'm not sure it's the
right thing, read on:

- I don't want to write .t files but rather have kind of main()
  function per class.

- Inside one class I want to produce TAP in different sections similar
  to what happens with multiple t/*.t files during one run of "prove",
  each with its own plan.

  In Test::Class it seems I have to create an own class for each such
  section, because all plans from methods are added into a combined
  single plan.

I maybe could adapt some kind of plugin technique to Test::Class but
maybe I'm thinking too compilcated.

Maybe I'm just missing the right idea for connecting "prove" with some
call into a TestSuite::Foo->main().

Some ideas?
Am I confusing things? :-)

Thanks.