# from David Cantrell
# on Thursday 07 August 2008 05:57:

>Please don't take focus away from the window I'm working in.  Please
>don't cover up any of the many windows I've carefully arranged so that
> I can see everything I need.

I would say it only appears if the tests failed.  I would prefer that to
take focus rather than needing to go activate it.  Would you rather
scrollback to read the diagnostics in your terminal?

>> (So what if you're running the tests on another machine? --
>> obviously you have a network connection to it, right?)
>
>and all the other little things you have to do to
> get remote GUIs to work

That's not what I said ;-)  See, the remote X session is a protocol
where the remote machine tells the local machine what to display on the
screen.  Perhaps there's some other sort of protocol which would more
efficiently communicate information about failing tests...

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."