Ovid wrote:
> One issue Salve raised is that the IETF apparently requires *physical*
> meetings three times
> a year.  Short of people individually ponying up the money, this suggests
some form of
> sponsorship.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I roll to disbelieve.

It seems not like the IETF to dictate the structure of a working group so
rigidly.  RFC 2418 [1] backs this up with things like "there are few hard and
fast rules on organizing or conducting working group activities" and "each
working group will determine the balance of email and face-to-face sessions
that is appropriate for achieving its milestones."  All we should need is a
mailing list and a bit of structure on top of that.

You might be conflating the IETF's own rules [2] with the Working Group rules.
[3]  We'd be a Working Group.

[1] ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2418.txt
[2] http://www.ietf.org/tao.html#anchor10
[3] http://www.ietf.org/tao.html#anchor28

--
Robrt:   People can't win
Schwern: No, but they can riot after the game.