In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Nicholas Clark
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 02:19:26PM -0400, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
> > I recognize that CPAN is a volunteer effort, but it does seem to me there
> > is a implicit responsibility on the part of the author to maintain the
> > module going forward, or to pass the baton to someone else. Call it a Best
>
> Is there an easy central visible way to flag up a module as "up for adoption"?
> What should have been the right list to ask that question on?

A couple of the PAUSE admins have been talking about that, but we
haven't really decided anything about how it should happen. There would
probably be some virtual PAUSE ID that people could pass primary
maintainership too and once those modules are there, someone could
request maintainership of them without a waiting period.

That's the way that would work with what is already in place, although
someone has to upload a new dist for it to show up in the new account.
I was thinking we'd want to do that anyway to at least modify the docs
to note its status.

Or, Andreas could change PAUSE, which is a bit more involved :)