On Wednesday 21 January 2009 13:47:24 Ovid wrote:

> If a programmer listed '3' as their skip reason, that would be interpreted
> as the number of tests to skip. Admittedly, it would be stupid for
> programmers to do that (and unlikely that they would), but we shouldn't be
> telling them "here's another rule to remember".

*Every* time I use skip() in Perl 5, I have to remember the rule that the
*description* comes first, and the the test number.  I only fail to make this
mistake if I've already made it within the past five minutes.

Every API gives people rules to remember.  Good design tries to make them
*easy* to remember.  Bad design gives them php.net.

-- c