On Jan 22, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Fergal Daly wrote:

Assuming the static analysis was correct, it would always produce the
correct number thus would be equivalent to no_plan. For me, the
purpose of the plan is not to detect failures that cause early exits -
it can do that but the test harness also looks at exit codes etc. The
purpose of the plan is to ensure that the test I just added really do
run.

Great points, Fergal, thanks.

I am not terribly happy with plans as they currently exist, loops make
them a bit of a pain, I'd really like to be able to have blocks with
subplans etc to ease that but I'm not going to start on that again.

Test::Class helps a lot with this.

Best,

David