On Friday 23 January 2009 10:23:47 Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> Given any cross-platform skip issue or
> optional-dependency condition, you have a situation where the plan
> becomes harder for a human to get right.  In that case, I want to
> program the test to react to the environment rather than shipping the
> wrong plan.

In that case, *I* want the tests to be easy to read and understand.  Adding
complex control flow to handle optional dependencies on platform or libraries
complicates that.

I won't claim that explicitly declaring test plans simplifies code, but I do
believe in a correlation between code where declaring an explicit plan is
difficult and code which is difficult to read.

In that case, my answer to "It's too hard to keep my test count up to date!"
is "Simplify your code."

-- c