On Friday 23 January 2009 23:25:05 Michael G Schwern wrote:

> chromatic wrote:

> > That assumes that the TAP parser has some degree of control over the TAP
> > emitter, which is an assumption I would like people to stop making
> > universally.

> > I don't cut off and discard the ends of roasts, either.

> You would if you were still using the same pot your grandma was using,
> which we mostly are.

Unless this Plus Three webserver somehow logs into multitudes of smoke tester
machines and runs perl t/harness directly in Parrot checkouts, I can think of
a few places that take advantage of that 21 year old decoupling of parser and
emitter:

        http://smolder.plusthree.com/app/public_projects/smoke_reports/8

As that's not the case, due to the time, space, and HTTP separation of the
parser and emitter processes such that the former can't reliably parse the
former's exit codes, can I have a cookie for debunking this fallacy of
composition?

-- c