----- Original Message ----

> From: Michael G Schwern <schw...@pobox.com>

First of all, thank you!  This is fantastic work and I'm sure it will make a
lot of people happy.

> Finally, this makes it now possible to build up the test plan as you go.  I'd
> like to put first order support into Test::Builder and Test::More for it, but
> for the moment this will work:
>
>   use Test::More;
>
>   my $tests = 2;
>   pass;
>   pass;
>
>   $tests += 1;
>   pass;
>
>   done_testing($tests);

Thoughts on first order support:

use Test::More;

plan(3);
pass;
pass;
pass;
plan(2)
pass;
pass;
done_testing() # optional

Then, you can incrementally build a plan for those who want it and it seems
backwards almost compatible (since done_testing() wouldn't be required).

The problem is that internally, TB will see that plan() has been called and
will die if a plan has been called twice.

Alternatively:

use Test::More;

plan(3);
pass;
pass;
pass;
add_plan(2)
pass;
pass;
done_testing() # NOT optional

Or:

use Test::More 'deferred';

plan(3);
pass;
pass;
pass;
plan(2)
pass;
pass;
done_testing() # NOT optional

Thoughts?

(The first idea is bugging me because I swear I had thought of a show-stopper
over lunch, but for the life of me, I can't recall what it was).

Cheers,
Ovid