Marc Lucksch wrote:
> If you are pedantic about this, you could even argue that testing itself is
> _not_
> a requirement for the whole build process. (Just don't run make test)

It compiles, ship it!

I've argued for test_requires and test_recommends in the past, but I'm also
quite happy with encouraging the idea that testing *is* part of the build
process.

Though I agree the lack of build_recommends is unfortunate.

> P.S.: *build_prereq_matches_use*  doesn't alert me about a missing
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker, that is kind of wrong, since it is the only module
> *required* to run the build process.

FWIW it would go into configure_requires.  MakeMaker does this for you since
6.46.  I guess it should it also go into build_requires.

Anyhow, all the build tools already make that assumption (actually they assume
that you already have MakeMaker) and that a Build.PL requires Module::Build.
Enforcing it with a kwalitee rule isn't going to help more than the pedants.

--
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you
with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.