2009/3/17 Adrian Howard <adri...@quietstars.com>:

> On 16 Mar 2009, at 18:47, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
>> Adrian Howard wrote:
>>>
>>> On 14 Mar 2009, at 05:57, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> And, to some extent, need it less. Since most xUnit systems have the
>>> test-result-producer and the test-result-consumer running in the same
>>> process space - some of the problems that plans help with (like early
>>> termination) aren't really much of an issue.
>>
>> In that your whole testing process crashes and you get no results? ;)
>
> Yup! But at least I know something went wrong :-)

Not necessarily. You'll only know this if you are visually inspecting
the output of every test. Once you start using a continuous build/test
then you have no protection against early exit.This is what I was
trying to get at earlier.

If you have an outright crash, that should be detected but exit(0)
will look like a pass,