Fergal Daly wrote:
> Alternatively, the plan is a meta-test, a test for your testing code.
> It is the equivalent of putting
>
> is($tests_run_count, $tests_i_planned_count)
>
> at the end of your test script. Letting the computer calculate the
> plan is the equivalent of putting
>
> is($tests_run_count, $tests_run_count)
>
> at the end of the your test script. It's pointless. It will always pass.

I hear where you're coming from, but there is some value in knowing a test
still does what it did before.  A regression test.

Consider the following:

    my @things = $obj->things(3);
    for my $thing (@things) {
        is $thing, 42;
    }

It's nice to know that things() still returns 3 items.  Yes, there should be a
test in there checking that @things == 3 but maybe there's not and this is a
simple example.

That said, I'm not fond of those folks with editor macros to set the count to
whatever number just ran.  Seems too easy to abuse.

--
"Clutter and overload are not an attribute of information,
 they are failures of design"