Steffen Schwigon wrote:
> 1. I have collections of TAP with YAML but missing "TAP version 13"
>    prefixes, which influences the yaml recognition.
>
>    Can I tell TAP::Parser to assume a particular version (ie., 13)?
>
>    Else I need to prepend it by myself, this would at least work on my
>    collected TAP strings, but gets stressful on non-string sources.

You can influence it with the "grammar_class", but there's no per-version
grammar.  The TAP version is an attribute of TAP::Parser::Grammar.  So no.

AndyA says all the logic is there to support it, there just needs to be an
interface to tell TAP::Parser "no really, use this version of TAP"

> 2. Will the current YAML format ("semi official v13") keep parseable
>    with TAP::Parser, independent of the YAML vs. JSON discussion from
>    some time ago?
>
>    At least me already depends on it ...

As far as the spec is concerned, whether TAP structured diagnostics will take
YAML or JSON or some subset of YAML or some extension of JSON or both is still
up in the air.  As far as TAP::Parser and Test::Builder2 are concerned the
plan is to support both since it's trivial and so we can see what happens.

--
emacs -- THAT'S NO EDITOR... IT'S AN OPERATING SYSTEM!