On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Ricardo Signes
<perl...@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> Thanks, but I'm afraid I wasn't clear about what I was looking for.  I need to
> know how to get from the airport to the hotels or thereabouts.  Using the
> address string you used in your Google maps link on the wiki, I can get a
> somewhat better answer, but if anyone has a more definitive set of
> instructions
> on how to get from the airport to the hotels, that would be great.

Getting to the city from the airport is easy enough. Schiphol airport
is rather well connected, even by standard of major airports. Any
train going to "Amsterdam Centraal" should be fine. Around the time
you're arriving they go about 7 times per hour and it takes 17-20
minutes. If you take the "Intercity" it's the first stop, with the
"sneltrijn" it's the third.

>From Amsterdam Central station it depends on what hotel you're in.
When taking the main exit out of the station (which you probably are
if you come from Schiphol), these trams will be right ahead of you.

For the Downtown hotel, tram 1, 2, and 5 are all fine; get out at
Keizersgracht. Then walk along in the same direction the tram rides
until you reach a street that does not have a canal, this is
kerkstraat. Turn to the right, the Downtown is the second hotel on the
right.

For Hotel Abba, take tram 1, and get out at Overtoom. It's right at
the hotel, see also the street view image [1].

For Hotel Crystal, also take tram 1 and get out at Stadhouderskade.
Walk straight ahead along the canal. The hotel is on the third street
to your left.

Leon

[1]:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=210603886300055943265.00049d68b7031a05f8017&ll=52.362528,4.87423&spn=0.000264,0.000603&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=52.362528,4.87423&panoid=rvTGu60rlqENW3Y1jpnirg&cbp=12,75.36,,0,0