Jeffrey Thalhammer <j...@imaginative-software.com> writes:
> Now this is where it gets interesting.  Rather than install in
> site_perl, it installs into a directory right inside my project
> (let's call it "dlib" for "dependent libraries").  At the same time,
> it stashes the tar balls in a directory structure suitable for a
> CPAN mirror, which is also right inside my project directory (let's
> call it "lpan", for "local perl archive network").  Finally, it
> generates the 02packages for the lpan/.  Everything in lpan/ will be
> placed under revision control too.

I like the idea.

Of course the revision control should not be tied to subversion but
kept to the developer who uses cvs/svn/git/hg/whatever.

> I realize this doesn't solve the "big" problem of automatically
> building a particular CPAN mirror with a magical mix modules.

Which is ok imho, as that “big” problem usually was just an
intermediate one, introduced to solve the actual distro bundle
problem. It comes back when you want to restore a snapshot back in
time from nothing, like deploy an app for Perl 5.6, but that's worth
to skip for now. IMHO.

Kind regards,
Steffen
--