On 2011.11.29 9:49 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> How much slower will this make running the core tests,
> since neither Mouse nor Mouse::XS will every be available
> there (during development, at core installation time).

Doing some back of the envelope calculations, it looks like an extra minute
and a half on my laptop.  I don't know how long core tests take right now.

Running...

    use Test::More tests => 1;
    pass("ok");

100 times via prove...

With 0.98:  2.2s
With 1.5:   10s

An extra 8 seconds per 100 tests.  There's about 1100 core tests which use
Test::More.  8 seconds x 11 is about 90 seconds.

That's worst case.  I can probably get compile time down at least 20ms which
shaves off about 30 seconds.

--
170. Not allowed to "defect" to OPFOR during training missions.
    -- The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The U.S. Army