On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:50:17AM -0800, Buddy Burden wrote:

> Yeah, but then I have to do as Gabor suggests and deal with $^O, and
> is it different on Win32 vs Cygwin, and are there any other OSes I
> need to be worried about, and I'm getting mildly nauseous just
> thinking about it. :-/

Devel::CheckOS *should* correctly detect Windows, no matter how your
perl was built - Win32, Cygwin, Activestate, whatever - if you ask it to
check for MicrosoftWindows.  If it doesn't, that's a bug, and I will fix
it quickly if told about it.

Unfortunately I expect that you'll find that Cygwin and Win32 use
different quoting conventions anyway, as Cygwin will use
/some/path/bin/sh vs Win32 using cmd.exe.  Which is why you should avoid
the shell entirely.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in
tears. I like to catch them in a cup and drink them later.
               -- Matt Holiab, in the Monastery