On 13-04-15 01:56 PM, Michael G. Schwern wrote:
Why we need this, why you can't do it with "requires" is because this is
for modules which you do not depend on.  Often they depend on you.
MooseX::Blah depends on Moose, so Moose declares conflict with versions
of MooseX::Blah it breaks.

This requires Moose maintainers to know about all the things their releases break. Have you considered reversing the directionality so MooseX::Blah knows about the things which break it? That seems like a more likely scenario to me, and lets the right maintainer control the "conflicts" relationship.

-Mike