On 03/21/2015 09:45 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi James,

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:51:42 -0400
James E Keenan <jk...@verizon.net> wrote:

http://act.qa-hackathon.org/qa2015/main

In Firefox, at least, all the pages on this site are displaying in a
strange way.  Each page has a left sidebar with internal links and a
right sidebar with sponsors.  But the main content for each page only
starts to appear *below* the end of the longer of the two sidebars.
Unless and until you scroll down past the sidebars, each page appears
void of content.

This appears to happen if and only if the browser's viewport window is too
narrow. If I make it wide enough, the page displays fine. For what it's worth, I
can reproduce a similar behaviour in the Google Chromium browser.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

True. I see that in Firefox we now have both "Full Zoom" and "Text Zoom" settings which can be adjusted up or down independently of each other. It is the combined effect of certain settings of each that causes the text in the viewport to be placed way at the bottom. I can adjust that combination to make the text in the viewpane visible at the top of the page.

But it just so happens that that combination works well (for me) on other web pages, so when I wanted to go to act.qa-hackathon.org, the display that immediately came up was what I reported. So, a less than satisfactory user experience.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan