Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> Apache runs as an underprivileged user though. I'm
> assuming you want one cgi script where they enter
> their username and a vacation msg in a form from a web
> page.
>
> You would have to open up their ~/.forward files to be
> world writable (which would mean they could
> potentially change each others vacation messages).
>
> It might be possible to execute a command with 'sudo
> username' from your script, writing out the .forward
> file for a particular user, creating as only writable
> by that one user.
>
> What do you think? Any other ideas?

Some sort of login/user verification would obviously be
needed and the script would obviously have to be able to
then write to the file or interface to another task that
could.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]