Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> Apache runs as an underprivileged user though. I'm
> assuming you want one cgi script where they enter
> their username and a vacation msg in a form from a web
> page.
>
> You would have to open up their ~/.forward files to be
> world writable (which would mean they could
> potentially change each others vacation messages).
>
> It might be possible to execute a command with 'sudo
> username' from your script, writing out the .forward
> file for a particular user, creating as only writable
> by that one user.
>
> What do you think? Any other ideas?

Thanks to all who answerd.

When asking this question i did hope there is a  script already.

My special problem in this case is how can I present the user a previous message (if
it exists) and how can the user *edit*
this message. Is it possible to create a form whith a text block which the user may
change ?
I did up to now not start writing any line of code.
I am just thinking about this problem and which modules to use.
May be this question is very trivial and you are looking for greater problems (that
may arise later).

Sorry for my poor english.

Michael

--
|   AED-SICAD Aktiengesellschaft |   EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |