I need to be able to do the following from a windows machine:

1. Login to remote server via putty / SSH / Perl script
2. Automatically launch a script residing on the local system to send commands
to the remote host to start the proper software.

Seems pretty simple except I cannot find a way to do this.  The putty session
needs to use X11 forwarding so I am launching putty with a config file with the
X11 settings.

I thought about perl but the Net::SSH module does not have a way to handle the
X11 forwarding.  It only appears to login and then run a command and logout.  I
need to maintain the connection and X11 tunnel.

We also can try to use the real ssh client to do this but I would prefer to use
Perl to allow the user to launch the program, type in their login name and
password, pass this and the proper configuration to putty/ssh and once logged
in, the command from the local script is run and sent to the host and the
application starts.

Right now, the users launch putty with the configuration file and then login
manually, then they cut and paste the commands to start the application into
putty and send them to the host.

As you can imagine, this is very cumbersome.

I need to totally re-think this and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig A. Sharp
Unix Systems Administrator
DNS Administrator
Security Administrator
Roush Industries
Office: 734-466-6286
Cell: 734-231-6769
Fax: 734-466-6939
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This electronic transmission, including all attachments, is directed in
confidence solely to the person(s) to which it is addressed, or an authorized
recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. The
contents of the transmission may also be subject to intellectual property
rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and are not waived. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this
transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or
disclosing same.