On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Michael Renner wrote:
> I am familiar with munin, a monitoring application written in perl.
>
> For an own plugin/extension, I want to monitor windows PC using the WMI
> protocol. But the installation for DBD::WMI (using cpan) fails:

DBD::WMI will only work on Windows, as it uses OLE Automation to talk
to the WMI service.  So you will need to run Windows inside a VM and
install Perl and DBD::WMI in there in order to use it from Unix.

I don't think there is any way to use WMI from Unix directly; you
should be able to use SNMP for some (simple) monitoring of Windows
machines though.

Cheers,
-Jan