Hi Folks-

I'm trying to change the administrator password on around 2200 windows machines. I have a script that generates random passwords, records the random password & machine name, and then tries to use adminmisc to change the password on the client machine:

<snip>
$machine="thor";
$user="administrator";
$password="r4nd0m";
#Change the password
$Result = Win32::AdminMisc::SetPassword($machine, $user, $password);
</snip>

This looks and feels right, and even runs.

According to the roth site, a $Result of 1 is "it worked" and a $Result of 0 is bad news.

I ALWAYS get a result of 1....  And it never works.
http://www.roth.net/perl/adminmisc/#SetPassword

Any ideas or suggestions?

I've tried to run this from both server 2000 and xp against primarily xp clients, but also against some 2000 servers and 2000 pro laptops, using perl 5.6.1 with adminmisc version 20000117 because any version newer (of adminmisc) doesn't work properly with groups. I've seen lots of references to that issue on the web.

Thanks in advance!

-Rick

--
Rick Coloccia