Howard is of course right.

I am executing the script as a domain administrator, against machines in the domain, so access shouldn't be an issue, and there aren't any group policies in place either...

I dug into using lanman, as Solli suggested, but I get numeric error code 1371, which translates into "you can't do this on a built in account." Win32::Lanman::NetUserSetInfo("\\\\ramoth", "administrator", {'password' => 'testpassword'});

Next I'm thinking about using psexec and good ol- fashioned net user commands, but I'd really like to avoid that if I can.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks so much everyone...

-Rick