> I tried to add VERSION checking code to my application so I could easily
> keep it working under both old and new GUI versions... but the CVS
> currently identifies itself as 0.0.671.  This is less than the older
> versions 0.0.680....

0.0.680 ?? Don't know this version.

> I think the CVS version should always be bigger than anything that was
> ever released....
>
> I'd suggest   0.1.0  or   0.0.999   for the "latest CVS" at present,
> although a future release could still be 0.0.681 or more.

I actually change version number only when build a new release.
But, it's probably better to upgrade CVS Version number always to next
release version.

I think MAIN CVS version can be upgrade to 0.1 (number for next release).
Because, this version have lot of a new features and first step for a 1.0
release ;o)

Laurent.