Sounds fine. Just we need to do something to distinguish releases from "CVS builds".

0.0.680 seems to have found its way to my hard disk, from one of your builds...

On approximately 4/29/2004 11:33 AM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of Laurent ROCHER:

I tried to add VERSION checking code to my application so I could easily
keep it working under both old and new GUI versions... but the CVS
currently identifies itself as 0.0.671.  This is less than the older
versions 0.0.680....

0.0.680 ?? Don't know this version.

I think the CVS version should always be bigger than anything that was
ever released....

I'd suggest   0.1.0  or   0.0.999   for the "latest CVS" at present,
although a future release could still be 0.0.681 or more.

I actually change version number only when build a new release.
But, it's probably better to upgrade CVS Version number always to next
release version.

I think MAIN CVS version can be upgrade to 0.1 (number for next release).
Because, this version have lot of a new features and first step for a 1.0
release ;o)

Laurent.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/