Dave Moore wrote:
> hey.
>
> do event handler routines (ie. sub Button1_Click) have to be in
> the main namespace or in the namespace in which they were created?

no, they can be anywhere: just add the namespace to your control's
name and the event will be searched in that namespace.
example:

    $Window->AddButton(
        -name => "Buttons::Button1",
        # etc.
    );

    package Buttons;
    sub Button1_Click {
        # etc.
    }

> can objects be assigned and event handler? (ie.
> $myButton->Event(Click => \&coderef);). if not, twould be nice.
> id be willing to do the work if it didnt involve too much serious
> XS stuff.

I'm working on it, it's basically done (the version is on CVS) but
there are still some issues to solve. and yes, it involves serious
XS stuff ;-)

> it seems to me that this module wasnt really meant to be used in
> an OO application? can anyone out there tell me otherwise?

I maybe be ignorant, but what the heck do you mean by 'an OO
application'? :-)

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;