Eric Bennett wrote:
> This would be very helpful.  The feature which would make this
> complete for me is if each control had a tag value which could
> hold a scalar reference.

a scalar reference to what?

> Then it would be simple to segue into an OO approach:
>
> sub CommonButtonName_Clicked {
>         my ( $source_button ) = @_;
>
>         $source_button->Tag->execute_command_and_log_undo();
> }

this is completely unclear to me. what is
'execute_command_and_log_undo'? a method in some package?
what is supposed $source_button->Tag to report?
maybe you mean it to act like:

   execute_command_and_log_undo( $source_button );

but, if this is what you mean, I don't see why you should want
it (it's just that you like the '->'? :-) and I don't see any
precedent in a Perl module for such things.
I don't think you want to patch *any* Perl module to be able
to write:

    my $OBJECT = Something->new;
    $OBJECT->execute_command_and_log_undo();

when 'execute_command_and_log_undo' is a sub in your script.

> Tags would also be handy for things like radiobutton data
> values.

please elaborate something more on your example, there may be
something I'm missing.

> I know very little about Win32::GUI internals so I have no
> idea how feasable this would be to implement.

I need to understand first *what* to implement and *why*
implement it. then it should be a breeze ;-)

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;