Unzip to (example) c:\gui\.   cd c:\gui.  type:

c:\>ppm install Win32-GUI.ppd

Basically, you leave out the location part and actually cd to that
folder from your shell. make sure you put the file extension, so that
ppm knows to load it from the local machine instead of getting it from a
repository.  As I said, I had to do this at my old job and was able to
install 10+ modules in this manner on 7 machines.  BUT, one other thing
to note is what version of PERL are you running?  5.005_3 does not have
a ppd file for Win32::GUI 0.0.558 and ( Someone correct me if I am
wrong) you cannot build Win32::GUI 0.0.558 under the older builds of
Perl.  This MAY be why you got the 0.0.502 version since the ppm can
tell what version of Perl you have and install the appropriate module.
If you have perl 5.6+, you should be able to "ppm install Win32::GUI"
and it will install correctly from the AS repository.  If not, you are
probably limited to 0.0.502 unless you upgrade.