I found the answers to a few of these, and a little more info.  Still need
help with some of them.

Not sure I can help, but here is my 2 pence worth.

Still haven't found a way to do this.  Maybe if I could find a way to set
the font of an item, and use a monospaced font... how does Windows do it,
I wonder?

Have a play with Win32::GUI::Grid, you can make it look like a listview, but is much
powerful.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/rocherl/Win32GUI.html#Grid

> 4. In TreeView, some of my icons seem to appear in monochrome.  A few
> appear in full color.  They were all created identically.  Is there some
> special format I need to use to make them appear in proper colors?

Still having this issue.  Any ideas?

I had allsorts of problems with bitmap colours in a treeview. The solution for me was to increase the number of bits used for each pixel in the image list.

$imagelist=new Win32::GUI::ImageList(16, 16, 1 | 0x0010, 17, 25);

> 6. When a treeview is first expanded such that the vertical scrollbar
> appears for the first time, the control goes blank until I find the
> scrollbar and scroll down.  Is there a workaround for this behavior?

Still having this issue.  It looks bad, certainly, but it's still usable.
Not suitable for any kind of professional software, though :/

The only time I had similar behaviour was when I was using a tabstrip on the same window as the treeview - does this apply to you?

Hope some of this helps,

Cheers,

Jez.

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband