On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:47:29 +0100, Aldo Calpini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> regarding the documentation, I appreciate what Erick did, but I found
> it a little difficult to work with. I think a wiki (with CGI::Kwiki,
> for example) would be a better start. we could also write in POD so
> that the documentation could be more easily integrated in the CPAN
> distribution.

Great to see you back.
I installed and played with CGI::Kwiki. The main problem I have
with this module/application is that users need to learn the wiki
"language". (For example, to make a the H4 tag, you must put
4 = before and after the word(s).)

The benefit of the content manager I use is that it uses HTML and
thus it has no learning curve in this respect. May I ask what you
found to be difficult?

Perhaps the the explanation I sent to Glenn would help:

1. login by clicking on the "Login" link on any page to the
top right corner.

2. When you have successfully logged in, you will see your user name
to the top right, just after "User:".

3. Now, click on the "Turn Admin On!" link, just above the printer icon.

4. You will see 3 dropdown boxes at the top of the (every) page;
this is what is called, the admin bar.

5. Navigate to the package/page you wish to edit. For example,
http://jeb.ca/perl/win32-gui-docs/index.pl/win32-gui-acceleratortable
is the Win32::GUI::AcceleratorTable package.

6. There you will see, below the crumbtrail and to the right of the main nav,
a series of image buttons, which are your editing functions for the page.

Aside: From the software's point of view, every page is comprised of
2 objects: the page and an article(s).

The first row of images is for editing the page itself, i.e. head and body. You
do
NOT need to do ANY editing there.

The second row of images is for editing the article. This is where you want to
be.

7. Click the "Edit" button/image. You will be presented with 4 "tabs"; it is
the
"Wobject Properties" you want to be on.

8. You do all editing of the article in the "Description" textfield.

NB: If there are more than one articles, then there will be > 2 rows of images
(tools).
For example, the F.A.Q. page has different articles (or wobjects) for each
question/answer set.

Aldo, I really do believe this should help, otherwise it would be a bit
cumbersome to completly move away from this and transfer over to
CGI::Kwiki. But, like I said in an earlier post, if people really don't like
it, then I guess I could switch over to CGI::Kwiki.

--
Erick