I've currently got it working with show()/enable() and hide()/disable(), but this creates the problem where the window doesn't get elevated to the top if it is already open. I don't want to use -topmost=>1, because I don't want to force my window on the user if they want to hide it, but having said that, if they click on the systray icon, I want it to come to the front so they can see it. I've also tried using SetFocus(), but that doesn't seem to work very well either - it certainly gives focus, but doesn't raise the window.

Have you tried $your_top_seeking_window->SetForegroundWindow(), called from the notify icon click handler? I think I'm using that to do what it sounds like you want to do...

Ahhhhh... yep.. worked like a charm.  Thanks a lot.

Would have been easier if that was actually listed in the Win32::GUI documentation.. I guess it's a it's just a win32 api call, and the win32::gui module just passes it through ?

Is there a list of all available calls I can make on a gui object floating around somewhere ? MSDN perhaps ?