Hi,

>From memory there is a limit (its a windows thing rather than Win32::GUI). Now
>that you're using 1.5 have a look at use the scintilla control instead - it
>has no limit. There are several examples - have a look at Editor.pl - should
>be what you are looking for. You can turn off the syntax highlighting so it
>will be fine for log file etc.

Cheers,

jez.

________________________________
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:07:46 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users] Win32::GUI:Window clipboard/buffer limit?

Hello
everyone,

Apologies if I've
missed something obvious with this...

 To start, this
is what I'm running:
- WinXP SP2
- Perl 5.8.8 Build 820
- Win32::GUI
1.0.5
- Windows Notepad clone:
http://www.koders.com/perl/fidB18829AABB0A5DECEF04D53957FFEB1C2BFD38DD.aspx?s=calculate

Problem:
I've taken the notepad clone from the link and have
augmented it for use in parsing large logs (copy&paste logs into the window,
then running customized scripts from the menu), unfortunately when I paste the
log info into the window (generated by Win32::GUI::Window), it's getting
truncated after about 220 lines (29781 bytes) and I can no longer type anything
else into the window.

I was using Win32::GUI 1.0.3 and upgraded to 1.0.5
but still have the problem.

Any help much appreciated!
-
Lincoln

For
important statutory and regulatory disclosures and more information about
Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore
the Barclays Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it
does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.
Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or
business reasons.

Barclays Capital is the investment banking division
of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its
registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. This email may relate
to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.