On 07/02/2008, M2U Germany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just updated my perl version to 5.10.0.1001 and therefore also tried the
> new Win32::GUI files. First of all thanks for all the great work!
>
> So far I have only expirienced one problem: Some of the constants don't seem
> to be exported correctly. My recent programs produced console outputs like
> "Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
> C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/GUI.pm line 276." (with -w / use warnings). Some
> tests showed that the "WS_POPUP" and "WS_CHILD" constants aren't handled
> properly but there might be more of course.

I *think* the constants are being handled fine.  I can see this
problem, and it appears to be caused by adding the WS_POPUP style to
the window, which in turn causes the sequence of internal windows
messages to be changed.  This results in us processing a particular
message type (WM_SIZE) earlier than we expected, and not having
everything set up correctly .... now I just need to work out the best
fix.

> Perhaps this is not a bug but just a misconfiguration of my system :-)

No, it's a bug.

> Hope this helps and in case this isn't a common issue: has anyone hints on
> how fix this?

I'll fix it and get another Release candidate out.  Many thanks for the report.

Regards,
Rob.