Thanks for that help. Seems to be just what I wanted.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Emmanuel E
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2008 1:31 a.m.
To: perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [perl-win32-gui-users] Window doesn't appear until codehas
finished

I think he means he wants to use threads. So that one thread can take
care of the window in the foreground and another the code in the
background...

Ilya BANDORIN wrote:

        What do you mean by "in background"?

        If you wish to perform some tasks "in background" while user
sees login window, enters his login/pass, etc - I think the only way is
to create a multithreaded application.

        But if you just want to create/show window and then perform some
extra code, you can call Win32::GUI::DoEvent instead of
Win32::GUI::Dialog(). It will draw the window and all stuff but won't
"stop" for interaction with user. Of course you should call
Win32::GUI::Dialog() at some point to allow user to interact with your
application.