Hello there, I'm hoping there's a simple answer to this one but I'll
accept a complicated one - I'm an old hand with Perl but don't know much
about Windows internals or Win32::GUI...

I'm trying to build a listbox that will have about the same contents as
the "Applications" tab in Task manager, showing only those apps that
have real, focusable windows.  I've been using Win32::GuiTest's
"FindWindowLike" with empty search strings to get a list of windows, but
even with a search depth of 1 I get a lot of what appear to be
sub-windows of, say, Winamp or UltraEdit.  How do I filter those out, or
is there a better way to be going about this in the first place?

Also, a possibly brain-damaged question - is there a canonical way to
change Windows handles (that is, the integers returned by, for example,
Win32::GUI::GetWindow()) into Win32::GUI objects?  This seems like it
ought to be simple but I can't even find a useful example of how to do
it.
Eric M. Hillman
System/Network Administrator
DCM Services, LLC
4150 Olson Memorial Hwy
Suite 200
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422
Phone: 763-852-8521
Fax: 763-852-8378
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dcmservices.com

This Information is sensitive information intended only for use by the
individual or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender at 1-877-326-8786 and delete
the material from your computer.

This communication is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained
will be used for that purpose. This communication is from a debt collector.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: Any federal tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot
be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.