2008/4/29 Eric M. Hillman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'm trying to build a listbox that will have about the same contents as the
> "Applications" tab in Task manager, showing only those apps that have real,
> focusable windows.  I've been using Win32::GuiTest's "FindWindowLike" with
> empty search strings to get a list of windows, but even with a search depth
> of 1 I get a lot of what appear to be sub-windows of, say, Winamp or
> UltraEdit.  How do I filter those out, or is there a better way to be going
> about this in the first place?

I have code to do this elsewhere - I will post next time I am at the
right PC.  I think there are a couple of things to test for: Whether
the window is top-level or not, and whether the window is visible or
not.  Possibly some other things too.

> Also, a possibly brain-damaged question - is there a canonical way to change
> Windows handles (that is, the integers returned by, for example,
> Win32::GUI::GetWindow()) into Win32::GUI objects?  This seems like it ought
> to be simple but I can't even find a useful example of how to do it.

Most (but not all) methods that can be invoked on window objects can
also be called with a window object or a window handle as a first
argument:

my $v = $win->IsVisible();

or

my $v = Win32::GUI::IsVisible($win);