> You might head off to the MSDN Library and look up the GetTextMetrics
> function and TEXTMETRIC structure.
>
> There were a bunch of other interesting sounding functions:
> CreateFontIndirect, GetTextFace, GetTextAlign, GetTextExtentPoint32,
> SetTextJustification, [...].

  I recently purchased a book called "Windows NT Win32 API Superbible" which
  covers these functions and others.  This helped quite a bit.

> I'd be glad to help you make a GetTextMetrics function via Win32::API
> and Win32API::Const to access that information... if you think it'd
> help.

  Thanks.  Maybe I could describe what I really need.

  I've been working on the next version of my Win32::GUI Builder.  I have
  a BIG todo and fixit list, but the most important item is:

    Getting the exact length of a text string (variable length font).

    I'm using GetTextExtentPoint32 (which is part of Win32::GUI) but it
    returns a width (in pixels) that is longer than the actual text.  Don't
    know how to get around this.

  -david hiltz