----- Original Message -----
From: "Carter A. Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm having some difficultly understanding how to use fileevent.  I have
> Perl/TK script as a wrapper for a source control system command
> and I'd like to catch the output of the command in a text window.  I've
> read that the way to do this is use fileevent to signal that output is
> available without blocking the application.  My problem is simply,
> I don't know how to do that as I'm relatively new to Perl/Tk.

I strongly suggest buying Mastering Perl/Tk by Lidie and Walsh. Luckily -
chapter 15 is available as a sample which covers fileevent.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mastperltk/chapter/ch15.html

Note: I don't know of many people (if any) who have gotton fileevent to work
properly on Win32. A suggested alternative can be found in the cplt archives
using polling and pipes..

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=a3fegq%24id6%40fidoii.CC.Lehigh.E
DU&rnum=4

Jack