On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nathan Rimmer wrote:

> I'm starting to get into OO programming with Perl and
> have a question.
>
> As I understand it with OO - you create an object and
> then do something to it.
>
> I have a list of values in an array and I wish to do
> the same "something" to all of them.
>
> Do I need to create an object for each value in the
> array and then do something to all of them ?
>
> Or can I create 1 object and do the "something" to all
> the values from within that 1 object ? (if that makes
> sense !)

The way I look at it, your create an object and it does something
for your based on you calling it's methods, settting and retreiving
it's properties, etc.

Whether you can cause the object's nethod(s) to operate on multiiple
different components would be a function of how the methods are
designed and programmed to operate.

I'm not sure your basic understanding of objects is congruent with
my experience of how they are typically used.

You don't take action to make it do something in a particular way,
it defines the actions it can provide and you decide if you are
going to make use of those actions.

**** [EMAIL PROTECTED] <Carl Jolley>
**** All opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer ****