Hummm....  I believe you might have to set your prompt to whatever the
actual prompt is on the equipment you're
  telnet'ing to.

cheers,

/LG

                                                                 Para:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
               "Attiah, Ibrahim A"                               cc:

               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       Assunto:
timed-out waiting for command prompt
               Enviado Por:

               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               e.com

               18/11/02 10:01 ZE3

Please help.

use Net::Telnet;
  $telnet = new Net::Telnet ( Timeout=>10, Errmode=>'die');
  $telnet->open('xx.xxx.xx.xxx');
  $telnet->login('loginid', 'password');
  print $telnet->cmd('who');

The previous code was working fine and give me the result. Now I am
getting the following message when I execute the script:

C:\Perl\bin>perl perliaa3a.pl
timed-out waiting for command prompt at perliaa3a.pl line 4

The IP address is for a network switch which is on and I can access it
without the script.

Even when I increased the timeout or I changed the IP address, it still
give the same error.

Thank you.