From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 11:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Excel to html format

> Hello,
>         I have an Excel spreadsheet that a person saves to a network
> drive daily.  I want to automate the task of opening the file and
> saving it as html (the person can't do it themselves, their not
> technical enough! ).  I know the OLE modules can let you manipulate
> the data in a spreadsheet but can it save the file as html?

I'm sure you could easily modify the below code to add some html tags and
print to a file ...

>From the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel docs:

    use strict;
    use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel;
    my $oExcel = new Spreadsheet::ParseExcel;
    #1.1 Normal Excel97
    my $oBook = $oExcel->Parse('Excel/Test97.xls');
    my($iR, $iC, $oWkS, $oWkC);
    print "FILE  :", $oBook->{File} , "\n";
    print "COUNT :", $oBook->{SheetCount} , "\n";
    print "AUTHOR:", $oBook->{Author} , "\n";
    for(my $iSheet=0; $iSheet < $oBook->{SheetCount} ; $iSheet++) {
        $oWkS = $oBook->{Worksheet}[$iSheet];
        print "--------- SHEET:", $oWkS->{Name}, "\n";
        for(my $iR = $oWkS->{MinRow} ;
                defined $oWkS->{MaxRow} && $iR <= $oWkS->{MaxRow} ; $iR++) {
            for(my $iC = $oWkS->{MinCol} ;
                            defined $oWkS->{MaxCol} && $iC <=
$oWkS->{MaxCol} ; $iC++) {
                $oWkC = $oWkS->{Cells}[$iR][$iC];
                print "( $iR , $iC ) =>", $oWkC->Value, "\n" if($oWkC);  #
Formatted Value
                print "( $iR , $iC ) =>", $oWkC->{Val}, "\n" if($oWkC);  #
Original Value

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any review, use,
disclosure or distribution by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply and destroy all copies of the original message.
Thank you.

WordWave, Capturing the Power of the Spoken Word
http://www.wordwave.com