On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Frazier, Joe Jr wrote:

> Thanks Randy, that worked.  I guess my guess my biggest gripe
> is Windows has enough of its own quirks, why can't windows
> users easily find the binaries they need to use free software
> modules.  (ie, if a module requires a dll, either include it or
> tell people how to get it.).

Hi Joe,
   You're welcome ... Actually, ppm does have the capability to
run a post-install script (after installation on the Perl side)
for doing things just like this ... What I've now done is add
such a script to the Crypt-SSLeay package which will offer to
fetch and install the dlls for you, if you don't already have
them. Please let me know if there's any problems with this ....

--
best regards,
randy