From: Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 2:23 PM
To: 'Hsu, David'; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Displaying a status bar

> Hello,
>
> Can someone let me know of a method of displaying a status bar on
> screen(html) in Perl script while it is processing a task.  I
> have tried to print html, but it won't display the image
> until it has finished processing, and then it displays with
> the rest of the information.

Your problem may be output buffering. Put $|++; in your program before
sending any output and you can then print html to the screen.

That being said, I've created a javascript library that puts a graphical
status bar on the screen, and the percentage, overlay text, and color can be
set by a perl program as it running, and at the end, it disappears so as not
to interfere with the output. It's useful for long-running programs. Contact
me off-list if you want it.

- Mark.

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Architect     User Technology Associates, Inc.

$_=q;KvtuyboopuifeyQQfeemyibdlfee;; y.e.s. ;y+B-x+A-w+s; ;y;y; ;;print;;