Have a look @ EditPlus

Thanks,
-> janardhan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Chester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 3:14 PM
To: 'Beckett Richard-qswi266'; 'Lee Goddard'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Perl editors

> What's the best text editor for perl?

what's your favourite editor for anything? use that.

I find that anything that properly supports regular
expression matching / replacing / etc. is good. on
solaris/linux I tend to use nedit, on windoesnt either
komodo (see below) or PFE.

if on the other hand you want something more IDE-ish,
activestate's komodo has a number of great features,
to the point where I use it for almost all programming now.
its not the fastest thing ever as the syntax checking and
highlighting mean its always running interpreters in the
background on weird ports, it seems to be based on mozilla,
but it Works. Multilanguage support inside single projects,
and good debug features as well as supporting widgets like
a snippets place for routines, text, code, whatever... all
make a real impact on development time for any given project.

ed c