>Try the one on my Tripod site.

I don't get it. It looks exactly like the one that came with win98 except it's 3 times bigger.

Almost exactly anyway, the right click menu is not as extensive but the functions can still be accessed from the buttons at the top.

So, why is it better (bigger) than the win98 original?

ms

t 08:39 AM 10/30/03, you wrote:
Beckett Richard-qswi266 wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've installed perl at home on my W98 system.
>
> There are many reasons why I want to stick with w98, so changing OS is not
> an option.
>
> The problem is, that I use the command prompt a lot when writing/debugging
> scripts, but the w98 prompt is really crap. It won't let you specify the
> size of the window and buffer, etc.

Actually it will, but you need a program to do it.  I have one that uses
Cygwin, but it's not complete yet.  A native version would be better.

> So, has anyone found a way around this, or found a suitable alternative?
>
> I tried copying cmd.exe from a w2k system onto it, but it wouldn't run.

Try the one on my Tripod site.

--
,-/- __ _ _ $Bill Luebkert Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(_/ / ) // // DBE Collectibles Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]