Arms, Mike wrote:
Well, I could see a possibility here, but this is total
speculation as I do not know the underlying implentation
of the sysseek function.

Think of the case of function prototypes:

  sub f (\@) { print 'foo'; }
  my @a = qw(b c d e f z);
  f( @a[-2,-3,-1] );

I get this error:

Type of arg 1 to main::f must be array (not array slice)

That's probably close to what's happening. Consider this:

   sub f ($$$) { print 'foo'; }
   my @a = qw(b c d e f z);

Then replace the last line with: f($a[-2], $a[-3], $a[-1]);

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.